Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thirteenth Day

wow haven't blogged in almost a week?
sorry for letting my fans down
just kidding
i know only a few people read this thing
the whole way through
but its good to be back on this thing
i've been kinda busy with stuff
quick recap
only the important stuff
chillin in ricks garage of course
matt's birthday bash
monsters vs. aliens with christina and joseph
it was a cool movie
had a few laughs
wanted to see it in 3D though :(
next on my list is adventure land
who's down?

this is going to be a quick but important rant
mostly cuz its 1 AM and i have school in a few hours
but i've been thinking a lot
about relationships
about the goods and bads of them
and about my past ones
i'm not really a relationship kind of guy
but does that mean i won't be in a relationship?
no
it just means i don't want to waste my time
pretending i like someone for a short while
and then get over them real quickly.
that seems to be what happens
in high school/ college relationships
i want to be able to like someone so much
that i can't be able to go a day
without thinking about them
and that i can be myself around them
and the same goes for them
relationships are all about give and take
can't be selfish within them
or else it won't work out
it's a lot of work
and if you like someone a lot
it will pay off
by just being with them

i've only had one relationship
that was longer than maybe 4 months
i know that's short
and not to be mean
but it wasn't right
just "romantic love"
and when you're all caught up
in that stuff
you feel like everything is just going great
and that there is nothing wrong
with the person you like so much
because love is blind right?
but once that feeling goes away
you see the person for how they really are
and wonder if that's what you're really into

they say it's better to date more people
to be able to find out what you really look for
in a relationship
i guess that's true in a way
because i'm young
and i'm not sure what i really want
if i want a girl just like me
quiet and reserved
or one that's completely opposite of that
not to be lame
but only time will tell

sorry to talk about this boring topic
but we've been discussing stuff like this
in my sociology class
about how companionate love
is what keeps people together
because that's the kind
where you accept the person
for who they are
and notice their faults and flaws
but accept them
and you like to be with them anyway
that's my opinion on the topic
anyone can share theirs with me
but for now i must sleep the wonderful sleep
goodnighttttt



quote of the day:
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry."

No comments:

Post a Comment